The First Alpha Phi is Founded
At a time when society looked upon women only as daughters, wives, and mothers—and therefore not in need of higher education—our ten Founders were pioneers of the coeducational system. There was a need for a social center, a place of conference, a tie which should unite, a circle of friends who could sympathize with one another in their perplexities. They formed Alpha Phi in 1872 at Syracuse University. Today, Alpha Phi continues to provide a "tie which unites, a circle of friends" for women young and old all around the world. From hand to hand and heart to heart, we are all grateful and proud of the legacy left to us by our Founders. For more information about Alpha Phi International, visit: https://www.alphaphi.org/Home
Alpha Phi at UNL is founded
Nu Chapter was founded on October 1, 1906 by Josephine Frazier and Helen Hues. In 1906, the "lucky 13" members were initiated into Alpha Phi. Nu Chapter is the 13th chapter of Alpha Phi internationally.
Alpha Phi Foundation is Founded
In 1956, Alpha Phi was one of the first women's fraternities to establish a Foundation. Demonstrating the philanthropic spirit of love and charity intended by our Founders, the Foundation was created as a trust to award grants specifically for scholarship and cardiac aid. Today, the original priorities of Alpha Phi Foundation remain. The mission of the Foundation is advancing women's lives through the power of philanthropy.
Alpha Phi Nu Chapter Renovation
We are in the process of remodeling the downstairs of our home and can’t wait to show it off this upcoming Fall. Nu Chapter went through a main-floor house remodel over the summer of 2015. The foyer, study room, the upstairs living room and both downstairs living rooms were completely re-done. All upstairs bedrooms were re-furnished, re-painted and re-carpeted in 2012.